You can use object snap tracking to set a reference distance for moving, stretching, or copying. To do this:
- Start your command (move, copy, stretch, etc.)
- Select the object to be moved.
- Hover over a point on the object – do not select it.
- When the name of the snap appears (endpoint, midpoint, etc.), move your mouse away from the point – still without clicking. You will see a dotted line appear between your cursor and the hovered point, showing you an angle and a distance.
- Type the distance you want (the angle will be set by the direction of the dotted line).
- Now your base point is set at that specified distance and angle away from your object, and you can move/copy/stretch it relative to any other point in the drawing.